In the past, whenever there was an inquiry, if that person can pay all investments in full for start up, we immediately let that new vendor in and be part of our roster.
Most of them did not last long for some reasons, like:
1. They haven't seen yet how Banchetto happens, they just plunged in because a friend or relative told them so to go and participate.
2. They panicked during their first set up. They don't know where to start and how to start their own stall. That is why, they were still setting up while all other vendors were already selling their foodstuff. On the average, new vendors finishes setting up their stall after an hour.
3. They were not aware of how to make their own table presentations. Banchetto market is I think has a different mood or taste for them to get attracted to a new vendor. Our customers are mostly "visual." They go around but they look at your food display from a distance. Therefore, visual presentations counts a lot.
4. They did not study well their food menu. I always believe in "different strokes for different folks!" Banchetto market is different from all other weekend market. What clicks in other market will not necessarily click in Banchetto.
Likewise, if you did not see for example menus like Goto & Arrozcaldo in Banchetto, will that mean you will get a market for it when you sell those? No my dear! Many have tried it in the beginning but since our market, goes to Banchetto to eat MEALS to their heart's delight, these type of food is not for Banchetto market.
5. We do not allow anyone to sell any type of STEAKS, CREPES, FRUITS and DRINKS anymore, or anything that is "liquefied into a drink" is also not allowed, that includes all drinks, water, juices, SCRAMBLE, halo-halo & similar desserts. ..so please do not include this in your menu.
Based on the above, we now require all those who wanted to be a part of our List of Vendors to please..
"VISIT BANCHETTO FIRST!"
6. Observe, observe, observe.
The best time to observe is to be there by around 11 or 11.30pm Friday. This is the time when our vendors are waiting either on the sidewalk or to their nearest stall.
One of our HOUSE RULES is that they should wait for my signal before they can get into their stall. When our crew have finished everything to set up like the tents, electrical wiring, etc., that's the only time I will give the the signal "GAME NA!" Unless the vendors heard it, they cannot set their stall yet.
7. Check how the vendors can set up their stall in 5-10minutes only.
They have to because their customers are already in front of them starting to order the food they want to buy.
8. Stay for while until about 1:00 AM Saturday
One good reason why vendors chose Banchetto is because we have a READY MARKET. The call center agents just look over their window and when they see that our tents are lighted, those lights now become their signal to go down and buy food or eat their lunch in Banchetto.
That in about 15 to 30 minutes, SUPER TRAFFIC na sa TAO ang Banchetto!
Again, check out how the vendors sell their food at this time when a flock of people comes in all at the same time.
9. EXPERIENCE BANCHETTO YOURSELF!
Be a customer yourself! Experience the fun! Experience the bonding of friends or family! Experience eating at the middle of the street! Experience eating standing up if you were not able to get your dining table because all of the dining tables are already occupied!
This experience will be your own gauge when you become a vendor your self! How? By changing your shoes FROM a customer TO a vendor. So how did you get attracted to that stall where you bought your food? Were you satisfied on how they serve your food? Did you enjoy the food you ate?
These are the same questions that you have to address yourself when you become a vendor. How will you attract your future customers? how are you going to satisfy your customers so they will come back again and again and again to your stall?
10. I am just there the whole night overnight. So if you think you are ready to be our vendor, please see me at the Drinks Station where we give the application forms for small entrepreneurs and explain all the details that is written on it. And if you are ready for payment by that time, you may do so, so we can also reserve a stall for you.
Super super super dami na ang tao sa BANCHETTO! Hindi lang sa gitna ang traffic ng tao ngayon, pati sa bangketa super traffic na rin ng tao! Last Friday night, super pagod ang lahat ng vendors sa dami ng customers nila, pero ang ngiti ay nasa mga labi nila kahit sobra pa ang pagod! Would you believe my vendor selling pasalubong from antipolo now grosses more than P40k a night?
We have stalls for new vendors, and should there will be a need for more, all we do is just add up more tents!
See you all there!!! Thank you very much for all your love & support to BANCHETTO!